13 Essential Industry Stats About Outbound ProspectingPosted on 07 Oct
Not sure where your sales team stands in the fast-paced world of outbound prospecting? We’ve rounded up 13 essential stats about the industry that you can use to benchmark performance and inspire new and innovative methods for reaching out to prospects.
- 63.4 percent of sales reps engaged in social selling report an increase in their company’s revenue (compared to just 41.2 percent of non-social sellers). If your reps aren’t using social to guide and inform their prospecting, now is the time to start.
- Similarly, reps who use social selling are up to 50 percent more likely to meet or exceed their sales quota. Incorporating social is essential.
- Social media is used by 75 percent of B2B buyers during their decision-making process. This means they will be sharing and engaging with relevant content, and your sales team should be equipped to act.
- On average, 5.4 people are involved in a purchase decision, and each individual’s job, function and even geography are often quite diverse. Are you leveraging account-based sales to its fullest extent?
- 45% of salespeople give up after just one follow up with a prospect.
- …but, according to SiriusDecisions, it takes an average of 8 cold call attempts (through any medium) to reach a prospect. Don’t let your team give up after one (or seven) attempts to follow up.
- Less than 24 percent of sales emails are actually opened. Make sure yours are by sending them to highly targeted prospects.
- Email outperforms Twitter and Facebook by a factor of 40 when it comes to acquiring new customers.
- The early bird does get the worm. A full 50 percent of buyers will go with the vendor that responds first, so it pays to be quick.
- 42 percent of sales reps feel that they don’t have enough information prior to making a call.
- 35 percent of business professionals check their email on a mobile device. Make sure your sales pitch is quick and to the point!
- Sales reps spend only 33 percent of their time on actual selling – meaning that they are spending 67 percent of their time on low value work like data entry. Sales automation can save your sales team hours each week, which they can use to reach out to more prospects.
- At any given time, only 3 percent of your market is actively buying. 56 percent are not ready, while 40 percent are poised to begin. Make sure you’re reaching the right prospects at the right time.
There you have it! 13 of the most essential stats for outbound prospecting. Do you have any of your own to add to the list? Let us know in the comments below, or over at our @LeadSift Twitter account!